Wednesday 12 September 2012

Watercolors update

I realized that I needed work on environments so I made this painting on my over-priced Moleskine watercolor pad:


It started out as me wanting to draw a demon standing in the rain... but then putting it on a building made more sense for some reason. After drawing this building, I realized that buildings were pretty cool after all.


When it comes to subject matter, I have a difficult time choosing between whether or not it should be fantasy, or science-fiction, or something in between. This castle is the most "fantasy" I've done in a while... Most probably because I've been playing lots of Dark Souls and Witcher 2.

But of course... You just HAVE to draw guys with guns every once in a while:



In lots of futuristic video-games /movies, most of the military guys have camouflage and a pretty dull color scheme in general -- being inspired by real life organized armies. In this painting I wanted to portray a mercenary or private military contractor (PMC) who have less uniform policies and more of a shadier and unorthodox approach to things -- Hench possessing the less "tactical" colors like red and yellow.

Tried a new technique of going from light to dark in this one... debating whether or not I should add some sort of background. 

I should also start scanning in these painting instead of using the crappy iPad camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment